PAC-UK and Adoption North London are proud to invite education and adoption professionals, adoptive parents and other permanent carers to a conference marking the end of their year-long collaborative project focusing on improving the education experiences of adopted children and those who live with special guardians.
Taking place at Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA on Tuesday 9 December 2014 (9.00am – 1.00pm) the conference is an exciting opportunity to hear about good practice in supporting permanently placed children in school.
Presentations will include:
- The voices of permanently placed children and young people
- Adoptive parents and Special Guardians sharing their experiences
- Primary and secondary schools which have developed models of good practice
- The first group of ‘Adoption Advocates’ – designated members of school staff who have spent a year developing this innovative role
- A Virtual School head teacher on how Virtual Schools can support the education of permanently placed children
- Social workers who have taken part in PAC’s CPD programme specialising in education issues
Details of PAC’s Education Project and commissioned training and consultation can be found here.