The topics listed below are examples of trainings and workshops that we can deliver. If there are other topics you are interested in, please let us know.
The length of any one training can vary (1.5 hours to full day). Most of our trainings are delivered online, though we can deliver in-person if required. For in-person training all additional costs to PAC-UK would be chargeable.
Trainings may be delivered for various participants: adoptive parents, special guardians, adopted adults, birth parents, professionals, as well as for a combination of participants.
For a full list of courses available, click below to expand.
Correct as at 1 April 2023.
- Talking to children about adoption - at different stages of their development (0 - 18)
- Life story work with primary school aged children
- Life story work with secondary school aged children
- Life story work - using play therapeutic methods
- Life story work - using story books
- Understanding developmental trauma and how it differs from PTSD
- Developmental trauma: translation into practice
- Attachment and Trauma in children with experiences of early trauma and/or adoption
- Supporting sensory processing in previously traumatised children
- Enhancing Adoptive Parenting
- Parenting children who have been sexually abused
- Using NVR (Non-Violent Resistance) to address Child-to-Parent violence
- Assessing emotional capacity in prospective and/or current adopters
- Addressing attachment, loss and trauma in prospective/current adopters
- Introducing an adopted sibling to a family with an adopted child
- Introducing an adopted sibling to a family with a birth child
- Assessing siblings’ placement needs
- The adopted child in school
- The previously relationally traumatised child in school
- Supporting birth mothers with adoption related challenges
- Supporting adopted adults with adoption related challenges
- Attachment styles and challenges in adults
- Intermediary and reunion work with adopted adults and their birth relatives
Commissioned training fees
All fees listed below are for one trainer and exclude additional costs incurred for in-person delivery, such as venue hire, catering, trainer’s travel costs and accommodation (if required) and rental of equipment from venues.
in-person or online
fees (excl. VAT)
training fees (excl. VAT)
|Full day – in-person
|Half day – in-person
|Full day – online
|Half day – online
|2 hours – online
|1.5 hours – online
All information processed in relation to your booking adheres to PAC-UK's Privacy Statement.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please email email@example.com for all enquiries.