Adoption Services for Adults now holds the Norcap Contact Register (NCR). This means they can check to see if your relative had registered before Norcap stopped trading on 14 January 2013. Adoption Services for Adults cannot accept new registrations.
Adoption Services for Adults can check for you if you are:
- a relative in the birth family and have applied to them for an intermediary (contact) service
- an adopted adult who has applied to them for an intermediary service, or,
- where the adopted adult is deceased, a relative in the adoptive family who has applied to them for a service
- an Ofsted-registered intermediary agency or local authority working with an applicant for an intermediary service or with an adopted adult who is trying to decide whether to search for birth relatives, for a small fee
- an adult affected by adoption who applies just for the check, for a small fee
If your relative is registered, or not, Adoption Services for Adults will:
- let you know or
- let your intermediary agency know if they have applied on your behalf
- check to see if your relative is still at the address with which they registered
All information on the NCR is subject to the privacy afforded by the Data Protection Act.
People who registered on the NCR did not agree to have their information disclosed without their consent, so when a link is found Adoption Services for Adults have to ask their permission to share their information with you. They would also need to check your ID for proof of relationship, or ask you to sign a declaration to that effect if it is not possible to prove relationship.
Adoption Services for Adults can provide a search and intermediary service if there is a link.
If your relative has moved since registration, Adoption Services for Adults can search for, and make contact with him or her on your behalf. If you have already applied to another organisation for an intermediary service they can apply for information from the NCR to help with the search.
Visit the Adoption Services for Adults website for more information.