Supporting Permanently Placed Children in Education: Half Day Conference
PAC and the North London Adoption Consortium are proud to invite you to this conference marking the end of their year-long collaborative project which has focused on improving the educational experiences of adopted children and those who live with special guardians.
Taking place at the Resource for London on Holloway Road on 14th October from 9.00am – 1.00pm, the conference is an exciting opportunity to hear about good practice in supporting permanently placed children in school.
Presentations will include:
- The voices of permanently placed children and young people
- Adoptive parents and special guardians sharing their experiences
- Primary and secondary schools which have developed models of good practice
- The first group of ‘Adoption Advocates’ - designated members of school staff who have spent a year developing this innovative role
- A Virtual School head teacher on how virtual schools can support the education of permanently placed children
- Social workers who have taken part in PAC’s CPD programme specialising in educational issues
Following the success of PAC’s Good Practice Guide for Schools we will also be launching a second Good Practice Guide which will collect the key resources we have developed as part of the project, including a good practice checklist and a model policy.
We are pleased to be able to offer 20 places at a cost of £30 per place to interested schools and virtual schools.