CASA - The Consortium of Adoption Support Agencies
CASA is a group of independent Adoption Support Agencies (ASAs) who are registered under the Adoption and Children Act 2002. They provide support services to all parties affected by adoption or long-term fostering throughout the UK.
What is CASA?
CASA (the Consortium of Adoption Support Agencies) is a national forum representing registered Adoption Support Agencies (ASAs) in the UK, whether individuals or organisations.
CASA provides information on ASA's, peer support between agencies, networking opportunities, a representational forum and a channel for promoting best practice.
What has CASA done?
Since its formal launch in 2006, CASA has been active on a number of fronts, including the following:
- Brought together agencies and individuals in adoption support to share their work, knowledge and experience, including hosting a series of practice issues discussions.
- Worked closely with the British Association of Adoption and Fostering (BAAF) and the Consortium of Voluntary Adoption Agencies (CVVA) on common issues.
- Worked with central government on the development of a commisioning framework for adoption support , and is represented on the Department for Children, Schools and Families' Adoption Stakeholder Group.
- Worked with Ofsted to highlight key adoption support issues and establish good communications with the sector.
Who can join CASA?
Membership of CASA is open to Adoption Support Agencies and Voluntary Adoption Agencies that can demonstrate that over 80% of their work is in providing adoption support services. Membership is also open to individuals who are registered as an Adoption Support Agency.
What are the benefits of CASA membership?
- Three meetings per year, including AGM
- Forum to discuss practice and policy issues
- Networking opportunities
- Representational body and the promotion of Adoption Support Agencies' work to the wider public, government and other relevant bodies
Go to the CASA website
See a full list of current CASA members
For further information, please contact email@example.com
- CASA - The Consortium of Adoption Support Agencies CASA is a group of independent Adoption Support Agencies (ASAs) who are registered under the Adoption and Children Act 2002. They provide support services to all parties affected by adoption or long-term fostering throughout the UK.
- CVAA - Consortium of Voluntary Adoption Agencies The Consortium of Voluntary Adoption Agencies (CVAA) is a membership organisation for the Voluntary Adoption Agencies in the UK. It exists to ensure the continuing high level of service by CVAA members to adopted children, adopters, adopted adults and members of birth family.